Monday 17 June 2013

My Latest Portrait - Dave

Here is my latest Pet Portrait of ‘Dave’ the border collie. Border collies have a huge amount of energy so capturing them stilling still is quite unusual. Dave is a tri-colour dog full of character. 


This has been one of my tougher commissions due to the fact that it was based on a physical photo rather than an digital photo. The key to a good portrait is in the detail and a digital photo allows you to explore the detail. My goal is always to paint a good likeness of the pet I am painting so that I can demonstrate the character of the animal through art. The quality of modern photos is so high that the details can be see practically as well as if the animal was in the room with you. When commissioning a piece of artwork that relies on realism then the quality of the subject matter is crucial and a digital photo is always best.

The Pilothouse Gallery - Pet Portrait Painting


My blog is dofollow

No comments:

Disqus